Fishin' Families Pole & Line Caught Skipjack Tuna (Salted)
Fishin' Families delicious premium wild Skipjack Tuna is sustainably caught, one by one, by Pole & Line in the Maldivian Islands by artisanal Fishing Families. The tuna is hand fillet and packed without preservatives, additives, or fillers.
Tuna is an excellent source of vitamin B3 (niacin), and a very good source of other B vitamins including B1 (thiamin) and B6 (pyridoxine). Tuna is also a good source of the minerals phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium. Because of its muscle content, tuna is an excellent source of protein, providing two thirds of the Daily Value (DV) in one 4-ounce serving. Tuna is also a valuable source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, as well as the antioxidant mineral selenium.
Ingredients: Skipjack Tuna, Water, Sea Salt
Net Wt. 5 oz (142 g)
24 Cans Per Case
Why choose Fishin' Families?
- Pole & line tuna caught by Fishing Families
- Coded and traceable back to MSC Certified Sustainable Pole & Line Fisheries & Vessels
- Sourced independently to benefit the small Pole & Line communities that harvest the tuna
- Packed only in natural spring water
- No additional additives, other fish, or preservatives
- Fishin Families only catches small Tuna, which are tested to be low in Mercury
- Custom processed & labeled in Thailand for maximum transparency & safety
- Fishin Families' is branded by American Tuna, Inc. which Greenpeace ranks at the top in terms of "sustainability, ethics, and how fair their tuna products are for our oceans."
- MSC Certified Safe (Marine Stewardship Council)
- EII Dolphin Safe (International Marine Mammal Project)
- AAFA Certified Quality (American Albacore Fishing Association)
- IPNLF Certified (International Pole & Line Foundation)
- Certified Gluten Free (The Gluten Intolerance Group)
- Certified Kosher (Orthodox Foundation)
The FDA’s has established a safe mercury level in tuna at or below 1.0 (one) part per million (ppm). The international standard is even more rigorous at 0.5 (one-‐half) ppm. Fishin’ Families Pole & Line Albacore Tuna is tested by an independent lab multiple times annually and is found to contain 0.27 -‐ 0.37 ppm of mercury. Fishin’ Families Pole & Line Maldivian Skipjack Tuna is also tested by an independent lab multiple times annually and found to contain 0.07 – 0.09 ppm of mercury. Fishin’ Families Pole & Line Maldivian Yellowfin Tuna is also tested by an independent lab multiple times annually and found to contain 0.07 – 0.09 ppm of mercury. The American Albacore Fishing Association (AAFA) tests albacore catches multiple times annually and has an average mercury content of 0.27 -‐ 0.37 parts per million in AAFA albacore tuna. Our Fishin’ Families albacore source all of their albacore tuna from AAFA fisheries. All Fishin' Families independent lab tests referenced above indicate that Pole & Line Albacore, Yellowfin, and Skipjack tuna deliver great nutrition with low levels of mercury.
- Buy 12 - 23 and pay only $2.89 each
- Buy 24 or above and pay only $2.49 each
- 0.75 LBS